Joining the 2019 NMP service
The 2019 NMP service (which began on 1st January 2019) runs until
10th November 2019 (end of the Flat season).
Summary of the 2019 NMP service
- All bets will be sent via daily e-mails
- Bets advised on a 0.25 - 3 pt scale (average stake likely to be between 0.75 pt to 1 pt) during the turf season (runs from late March until early November)
- Staking scale will be reduced to 0.25 - 0.75 pt before Cheltenham as, traditionally, the service's best results have tended to come at Cheltenham and/or on the Flat, especially in the summer
- Most bets advised will be a mix of win only and each-way singles, though, for those who are into multiples, there will also be multiples sent out - regularly late in the week as we try and roll up stakes onto the big weekend fancies
- The turf season (which runs from March to November) will remain the main focus of the service over the course of the year
- The big summer festivals and big weekend races on TV will be the principal focus within a given week
- Most weeks we probably won't have many bets between Sunday and Wednesday, unless there is a midweek festival taking place, for example, the Dante meeting at York, Chester's May meeting, Royal Ascot, the July meeting at Newmarket, Glorious Goodwood etc. Bet frequency during the week will thus decrease on the 2019 service and there will be more blank betting weeks in between the busier weekends when the best racing takes place
- The idea with focussing on the big TV races as much as possible is that it is easier to get stakes accommodated and they are more favourable betting races too - often with bigger fields and enhanced place terms for each-way betting
- From January until March I will be sending out bets from the midweek all-weather and, occasionally, the weekend's jumps action, though we might not have a bet every day and betting activity will be reduced compared to main summer months when the turf season starts up
- I will be covering the turf races, especially the sprints, when the Meydan Carnival begins in Dubai - the races take place most Thursday's, once a week, from January, though bet frequency overall will only really pick up properly once Cheltenham and the new UK turf season begins in March
- The main National Hunt Festivals such as Cheltenham and Aintree will be covered as the races are on ITV
- In terms of Cheltenham ante posts, 2019 will be similar to 2018 and we won't be staking as heavily on ante posts as we did in, say 2016 and 2017. We will stake more heavily for the meeting once Festival week is upon us
- The aim, as ever, will be to try achieve 100 % bank growth from an initial 80 pt betting bank across the year as a whole - long-term results are more important than those from any individual month
- The e-mail set up will remain the same as recent seasons; morning e-mails between 8.30 am and 8.45 am for any bets in the week, with the Saturday bets issued on a Friday evening. If we are betting at one of the big midweek festivals and the races are fully priced up the night before (often the case with the TV races) then the bets may be sent the night before
- I will be taking two one-week breaks during the 2018 service (likely to be in May and August) and these will form part of the membership if you have signed up until the end of the season
- An end-of-month results spreadsheet will be sent out to all members to make it easy to track service performance
- Service is only suitable for those with access to bookmaker accounts - those that need to use the exchanges in the mornings to get on are not advised to sign up - you won't be able to get on at the prices advised
- Patience, as ever, is needed, to ride out the inevitable losing runs we experience over the course of the year, as is a proper betting bank
- I will be running the service's annual competition for members once again, though, due to the the timings this year, It will be run at one of the major meetings in 2019, not over Christmas.
Membership options & prices
- no longer taking on members for the 2019 service. Membership will be open for the 2020 service from 10th November 2019.
My service suits members who are prepared to adopt a long-term approach to betting, as selections are horses that are believed to offer the best value in a race, not necessarily the horse with the best chance of winning. We also have stronger months than others;
I expect to make the bulk of the profit in the summer.
I advocate using a betting bank of 80-100 pts to follow my service (longest losing run to date was 65 pts) but would advise any new member to paper trial results initially whilst they get a feel for the service, and also, to only ever bet what they can afford to lose.
My target (although there is obviously no guarantee we will achieve it) for the 2019 service is to aim to generate 80 pts profit from turning over 700 pts over the course of the season - we are targeting a ROI of +11.5 % this year (and a +100 % ROC if using an 80 pt betting bank).
Members who are restricted to betting solely on the exchanges will struggle to replicate my profits, as horses generally shorten from their advised prices to SP or BSP - and access to bookmaker accounts is needed to make the most of the better place terms available with the firms (many bets are advised each-way).
I would politely advise prospective members who are restricted to betting solely on the exchanges to find a different service to join - rather than signing up to NMP and being left disappointed over a lack of liquidity available to back selections when e-mails are sent.